Mark a milestone.
Renewal of Vows
I’m always honoured when asked to create a personalised Renewal of Vows Ceremony for a couple wishing to mark a milestone in their relationship and reconfirm their love and commitment to each other in front of family and friends.
There are lots of reasons why couples may choose to reaffirm their relationship in a Renewal of Vows Ceremony. Here are a few:
- Couples who married abroad, and wish to celebrate with a ceremony in the UK.
- Celebration of a milestone Wedding Anniversary.
- The rekindling of a relationship after a separation.
- Recognition of the strength of a relationship after a difficult period or an illness.
- A lovely way of welcoming a new child in the family.
- As a way of formally bringing two sets of children into one new family unit.
So, what’s involved?
Well, it’s quite simple really. You can hold your Renewal of Vows Ceremony any where, and at any point in your marriage. There are no legalities involved in renewing your vows. It is a symbolic ceremony designed simply to celebrate and reconfirm your love.
Generally I will meet up with you 1 – 3 months before your ceremony to help you to tailor your ceremony script just for you. You may wish to include poems and readings, invite friends, family members or even your children to be involved in your personalised ceremony.
How about including what is known as a symbolic ceremony such as a Handfasting, Unity Candles, Sand Ceremony or Blessing of Rings in your service; or get your children involved in your ceremony too, confirming your union as a family.
I will arrive at your chosen venue or destination for a brief rehearsal shortly before officiating your ceremony, and can even create a keepsake copy of your ceremony script for you to treasure.
I write and officiate at Funerals, Wedding Ceremonies, Renewal of Vow Ceremonies, and Baby Naming Ceremonies across the UK and Internationally.
I look forward to chatting with you soon